- 'Intro To ReadyCity' certificate = Introduces the ReadyChristian, ReadyChurch, ReadyCity & CityReaching concepts during our Roundtable portion as we also work through theological and multicultural 'hazards'.
- And ultimately, obtain hands-on experience during our 2-hr 'exercise'.
- Team-building: How to go from 'Chaos' to 'Order' in one day.
- During an emergency, what special challenges arise due to multicultural and language differences?
- 'Communication' is an underlying foundational step to any teamwork. Learn the 'PIO' role.
- In just thirty minutes, learn to how to share the gospel in times of crisis.
Our current timeline for the day... (This follows our emergency protocols sequence for any emergency)...
- RollCall Enroute (Btw, building will be open at 7am for setup.)
- 8:00am 'Volunteer Triage'.
- 8:30am Roundtable Discussion: Assessing Our Teamwork Capability in the City
- The Question (for every topic-table): "During an emergency, what are the 'hazards' to effective teamwork? How can we navigate/mitigate these hazards?"
- Theology (Lausanne Lessons?)
- Government (Richmond Hill Lessons?)
- Multicultural (Ethnic, Generational, Rich/Middle/Poor, Terrorist Emergency?) (Katrina Lessons? Chin Donation Lessons? Gospel Lessons?)
- Language (Spanish, Chin, Deaf, etc)
- 10:00am ICS Overview (Steve Pappas)
- 10:30am Building an Incident Action Plan... with S.M.A.R.T. Objectives
- 11:00am Round-robin Role Training: Leaders - Ops/Safety - Planning/PIO - Logistics - PCS (Prayer-Care-Share)
- 12:00pm IMPD 'Community Day' Displays (outside), Interactions & Food
- 1:00pm Exercise (til 2:59pm)
- 3:00pm After-Action-Review ('hotwash')
- 3:30pm Awards Ceremony
- 3:59pm Adjourned.
- (then reset the room and clear the building by 5pm)